1. Make sure to keep Googlebot happy — feed it the data it needs in the formats it needs and ensure your information is machine-readable and consistent across all sources.
2. Make sure your on page markup matches what your user sees and also is synchronized with any data feeds you submit.
3. Mark up as much data as possible using schema.org, even those attributes not currently supported. This way, you can position yourself to take advantage of changes and fluctuations in Semantic SERPs.
4. Remember, search is adaptive and interactive; design for a seamless user experience that flows with SERPs presented by the search engines.
5. Knowledge Graph Optimization is more than likely here to stay, so make sure you are prepared to deal with it.